K1 Fiance Visa

A U.S. citizen can petition to bring their fiance to the United States for the purpose of getting married. The U.S. government understands the difficulties when a U.S. citizen and the fiance reside in different countries. They want to avoid unnecessary travel or simply just want to get married in the United States. The K-1 visa to help the U.S. citizen and their fiance to be together.

How to qualify

To qualify for a K-1 visa, the U.S. citizen petitioner and the beneficiary must have personally met within the past two years, are both free to marry, and intend on getting married within 90 days of the beneficiary’s entrance into the United States.

K-1 Visa Process

The process begins with the U.S. citizen filing an I-129F petition in the United States with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). The package must contain the required forms, passport photos, documentation of relationship, and personal sign statements of their intent to get married. If the U.S. Citizen and/or the foreign national were previously married, they have to provide evidence that the previous marriage was terminated and that they are free to marry. If the US Citizen has any criminal pasts, issues with violence, or abuse of alcohol or narcotics, the U.S. Citizen will have to apply for a waiver. After about six to eight months, the USCIS will complete processing I-129F package.

If the case has been approved, the application will be forwarded to the National Visa Center for processing. After two months, the package will be forwarded to the local U.S. consulate that has jurisdiction to your fiance residence. The U.S. Consulate will send your fiance a list of required documents which include original birth certificates, police records, and evidence of the freedom to marry.

When the U.S. Consulate or Embassy has completed reviewing the package, the consulate will schedule an interview with your fiance. The fiance will have to bring a seal envelope containing the medical exam and their passport. The officer will review all of the documentation and interview your fiance to ensure that the relationship is not fraudulent and to look for possible reasons why your fiance would be inadmissible. If the fiance has a child, and the fiance wants to bring their child to the United States also, your fiance should submit the required documents for their child also.

The consular officer will inform your fiance if the visa is approved after the interview. If the K-1 visa is approved, the officer will take your fiance’s passport to imprint the new visa. The passport with the K-1 visa will be mailed to the fiance within a week. The fiance’s child will also receive a K-2 visa that will allow them to enter the United States.

The fiance will receive a six-month visa or a visa to the date your fiance’s passport expires. After the fiance enters the United States, the fiance will have 90 days to get married. If the US Citizen and foreign fiance will have to file for adjustment of status to obtain U.S. permanent resident status.

Why hire us?

My team and I have assisted hundreds of United States Citizens and their fiances (K-1) to unite in the United States for the purpose of marriage.

When you contact our office, we will have a conversation about your goals:

  • What is the best option for you depending on your qualifications?
  • What is the timeframe for your family members to immigrate?
  • Will there be any difficulties with the case that we should discuss?

What our firm will do for you

As a licensed U.S. Attorney whose practice is focused on U.S. Immigration law, I am legally able to represent you with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. State Department, and the local U.S. Embassy.

  • Prior to filing the case, we will discuss the best option for you.
  • With an office in Bangkok, Thailand, we will ensure that your family members needs as part of the process are met.
  • With fluent bilingual staff, we can ensure that all documents are properly translated and prepared.
  • I personally oversee all cases and review everything prior to the case being sent to the appropriate U.S. Government agency.
  • Clients are able to personally send me messages at any time and I guarantee that I will respond with an answer as quickly as possible.
  • As your attorney, I will personally contact the appropriate U.S. Government agency if there are any issues with the case.
  • We will personally prepare your family member prior to embassy interviews.
  • We will help in obtaining police clearances and scheduling medical examinations.

If you have any questions about our services, please send us a message. We will be there to assist you.

    Consult with us today!